CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Taken during the past two weeks, as we visited "Shady Acres"

Shady Acres is my nickname for the Sunrise Community where all the action is.

These residents are survivors, for sure, and many are quite feisty. Some of them police each other, reprimanding certain aggressive behaviours or comforting when fellow residents are crying.

It is an interesting society that finds its own level on most days.

My daughter , almost 6 now, does not like to visit. She verbalizes with clarity, that she wants to visit
Janet, but she does not like to be around all those other old people. (They all want to hug her or hold her hand. I am sure this is a bit offputting to a child).
She has said : "Resident's name" is going to die soon.
So far, not an accurate prediciton. She also says to me, are you going to die, you will die before me, and then I will have children, and I will be old, be a grandma and they will visit me. For a 5 yr old, Pretty astute grasp of the life cycle, if you ask me.
















0 comments: